We are proud to announce a new collaborative development, sponsored by TDS. This new feature is Warehouse Reservations that will come in MP19 which is planned to be released the 18th of January . This is a great achievement since many partners and end users were asking for this feature
Stock reservations are mainly used to ensure the stock availability when delivering a Sales Order. This functionality is disabled by default and needs to be enable using a preference. Coming with this feature it is also possible to lock stock not related to any Sales Order to avoid its consumption.
The functionality developed comes with two types of reservations:
- Pre-Reservation: These are reservations that are not physically in the warehouse but ordered to a supplier and where there is a relationship between the line of the purchase order and a sales order line. Once the purchase order line is received this pre-reservation is automatically converted to a reservation
- Reservation: Refers to stock stored in the warehouse that is already reserved by a sales order line
A reservation is always defined by the product that is desired to be reserved but other dimensions can be defined such as the warehouse, storage bin and attribute (i.e Colour, lots, serial number).
Another interesting thing is the possibility of allocating or not the reservation:
- Allocated stock means that the stock reserved cannot be changed by other stock that also fulfils reservation’s dimensions
- A Not Allocated reserved stock can be changed at any time by other existing stock but always ensuring that the Sales Order line keeps the reservation
This new functionality tries to cover several flows:
- Purchasing plan (MRP)
A sales order can be reserved when the document is booked and pending to be delivered. The way to make the reservation is:
- Manual: No reservation is generated automatically. So when the order is booked the reservations needs to be done manually selecting the storage bin, attribute, etc
- Automatic: The reservation is automatically created and processed, reserving the available stock
For more information visit: Sales Order
Pre-reservations can also be made from the Purchase Order. Being in the purchase order line there is the possibility of selecting any sales order line pending to be delivered that is waiting to receive the goods in the warehouse. Once the items are received the pre-reservation is converted to reservation and the goods are reserved for that sales order line
For more information visit: Purchase Order
Purchasing Plan (MRP)
When launching the purchasing plan there is now the possibility of making reservations for Sales Order and pre-reservations, that is, create purchase orders linked to sales orders
For more information visit: Purchasing plan
Starting on April 1 Openbravo created a new program to help partners grow together with Openbravo and share the knowledge within our Ecosystem. This program is coordinated by a new business unit called Collaborative Development Unit. My name is Pablo Sarobe and I’m in charge of leading it. Mainly these are the objectives:
- Coordinate development activities in our Ecosystem
- Visibility – Shared global road map
- Avoid effort duplication
- Increase Openbravo functional coverage
There are two approaches:
- Development done by Openbravo development team
- Partner/customer finance the project
- Development done by partners
- Functional and technical guidance by Openbravo experts
- Requires partner commitment to follow our guidance
- Requires partner better technical and functional understanding
The benefits of this program are:
- Lower TCO (total cost ownership) in the life cycle
- Guaranteed support and maintenance by Openbravo
- Guaranteed evolution in future version
- Supports customers requirements
- Generalized to support industry best practices
- Developed by Openbravo experts
- Discounted price list and additional discounts depending on relevance
- Free guidance
At the moment this program is open to partners and affiliate only. If you are interested in collaborating with us through this initiative:
- Present your need to the following email address: partners at openbravo dot com
- When appropriate the Channel Operation representative will put you in contact with us
- Provide as much written documentation as possible
- In case of sponsored development you will get a proposal including functional scope, effort estimation, additional discount when appropriate, total cost of the project and timeline
- In case of contribution we will agree on a detailed action plan
We encourage you to participate in this program and stay tuned to this blog because in the following weeks we will start a set of posts explaining the contributions and sponsor developments done so far
The new demo data is already available in our On Line Demo (link to http://demo.openbravo.com) and it is also now available in MP11 maintenance pack of Openbravo 3 that has been already released.
This is a brand new demo data set that preserves consistency with the previous one, so existing Openbravo users will find it very easy to use it. In particular:
- The fictional company continues to be F&B International Group, with a subsidiary in Spain and one in the United States.
- The set of customers and suppliers remain the same.
- The set of products also remain the same.
The new data set delivers the following main improvements:
- The transactions have been updated to be in current periods. This makes it easy to demonstrate the reports and analysis capabilities of the product.
- The data set represents a complete company history, starting with the creation of the company in January 2011, a full year of activity in 2011 and transactions up to the last month.
- We have setup a process to ensure that the data is always updated and we will continuously update the data set to ensure that there are always transactions up to the last month, simulating regular business activity.
- The organization structure has been changed so that the consolidation now happens in USD instead of EUR.
- We have improved the accounting configuration for the US organization and it now includes a fully configured P&L and Balance Sheet.
- We have improved the sales tax configuration for the US organizations.
- We have corrected several other incorrect configurations.
Notice that the new demo data is now only available in new Openbravo installations starting from MP11. Existing environments will not be affected and will continue to operate with the previous demo data set.
We are confident that you will find this new demo tool very valuable and we welcome your suggestions for future improvements.
We look forward to continuing growing with you!